Students are introduced to the institutions and processes of Texas government and politics, relating essential facts while provoking critical thought. The course incorporates a series of short, issue-oriented video documentaries and virtual roundtables, with panels of national experts that confront students with competing political ideas and values. Lesson elements are focused on helping students understand how participation in the political process affects their lives. Through interactive activities and focused text essays, students are guided through the lesson topics.
- Videos incorporating your prominent voices of educational leaders
- Virtual roundtables for varying topic perspectives
- Interactive learning activities
- Progress checks for students
- Ebook student learning enhancements available on iBooks